What types of Gifts Does Skaalen Accept?
A wide range of gifting opportunities permits donors to select the gift option which best suits their needs. If you or someone you know would like to express your appreciation and become a caring partner through a gift to Skaalen you may do so in a variety of ways...
- Gift of Cash is a common and easy way to make a contribution to Skaalen. These gifts can be given in memory of or as a tribute to a friend or loved one.
- Appreciated stock is an easy way to give and offers attractive tax benefits.
- Life Insurance Policies can be gifted either by transferring an old or existing policy to Skaalen, or you may name Skaalen as the owner in a new policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuities are a wonderful and easy way to make a planned gift to Skaalen while providing you with income for life. Charitable Gift Annuities offer a substantial tax deduction on both the gift and the income from the annuity. Annuity rates are based on your age at purchase.
- Bequests to Skaalen through your will assures you life use of your income and assets while allowing you to leave a legacy and help Skaalen in the future.
- No matter which way you choose to give a gift all provide charitable tax deductions and tax benefits as allowable by law at the time you gift.
Special Areas of Need
As a donor you may designate how you would like your gift to be used, or you may prefer we use it in the area of greatest need. We offer the following suggestions if you would like to designate your gift:
- The Resident Benevolent Care Endowment Fund: An Endowment Fund that assists Skaalen in covering charitable care costs. Funds from this Endowment are available to all Residents in the Nursing Home and Assisted Living who have exhausted their personal resources.
- Siri Anderson Fund for Nursing Excellence: Funds used recognize and promote professional nursing excellence through education and individual recognition.
- Skaalen Building Fund: Funds are used to assist with ongoing renovations, redecorating and new building projects on our 110 acre campus. Your gift to this fund will help us maintain a comfortable and dignified living environment for all our residents.
- The Spirit Team: Funds are used to benefit all Skaalen employees through recognition programs. An excellent way to say thank you to an employee or group of employees. (Individual gifts to staff are not allowed)
How to Make a Gift
Contributions should be made payable to Skaalen, with an attached letter indicating how you want your gift to be used. You can make a contribution one of the following ways:
Skaalen Retirement Services
400 N. Morris St.
Stoughton, WI 53589
Have any questions?
We're always here to help and answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!