Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Skaalen Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has been providing quality Christian care to the elderly for over 100 years. Whether you are looking for long-term skilled care or a short-term rehabilitation stay following an injury – accident – or illness, Skaalen is there when you need them.
Amenities and Services available:
- 91 licensed beds
- Spacious private and semi-private rooms
- Medicare and Medicaid certified and works with most other insurances
- Skaalen offers the following Therapy Services:
- In-patient and out-patient physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language therapy
- Serving individuals of all ages
- Individualized therapy sessions
- Spacious therapy center with state of the art equipment
- Skaalen Therapists have years of experience
- Warm water therapy pool
- In-house Wound Care certified RN
- Private rehabilitation suites
- Cable television
- Weekly worship opportunities
- Innovative leisure and support programming
- Transportation services
- In-house, full-service beauty and barbershop
- Guest suite available for out of town family members for a nominal fee (Reservations required)
- Paved walking paths and outdoor seating areas for enjoying nature
- Respite services for short term stays
- Hospice Care and end-of-life care
- Activity station for young visitors
- Guest meals available for a nominal fee – Reservation required
- Family areas available for groups of 2 – 100
- (for special events such as birthdays, anniversaries, bridal/baby showers, card clubs, etc.)
Skaalen offers 2 wound care certified RNs. We are experienced in treating vascular (arterial and venous) ulcers, diabetic (neuropathic) ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical and traumatic wounds, skin disorders, as well as edema management, and foot/nail care. Some of the wound care modalities that we can provide include:
- wound vac (negative pressure therapy)
- electrical stimulation
- low light laser
- multilayer compression wrapping
- complex dressings
Skaalen also has a Certified Lymphedema Therapist on staff. Wound care management is a collaborative effort from the entire interdisciplinary team.
Bryant Suite Accomodations
Through a generous donation from the Edwin E and Janet L Bryant Foundation, Skaalen offers a furnished guest suite for families visiting from out of town. The large private suite includes a bedroom, sitting area, bathroom with shower and a kitchenette.
Guests may stay in the suite for up to three days per reservation and may use the suite two times in a calendar year. Guest Suite fee is $35.00 per day. Check-in 2:00 p.m. Check-out 12:00 noon. For reservations, please call 873-5651.
Skaalen is a Smoke-Free campus.
Pets are not permitted in the Guest Suite.
Have any questions?
We're always here to help and answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!